Wheel Bearing Services
Wheel Bearings ensure a solid connection from the wheels to the axle and give the vehicle a smooth ride. Without proper lubricant or wheel connection your car will be loud and may vibrate when in motion. In order to repair these issues work with your local team at Petrie Mechanical Repairs.
Why work with Petrie Mechanical Repairs:
- Peace of mind: Not only are we a Repco Authorised Service Centre, but we have a combined 20 years of experience on our team. From large jobs to small, you know you are in good hands with our mechanics.
- Ongoing Training: As part of the Repco family, our mechanics are offered training seminars and received service bulletins about the latest diagnostic equipment and vehicle upgrades.
- Friendly Service: We are not just a shop, but a locally owned and operated community of mechanics who are looking out for our neighbours.
Wheel Bearing Services:
- Hub Assembly Repairs and Replacement
- Bearing replacement
- Wheel Rim Replacement
- Lug Bolt Replacement
- Repacking and adjustment of wheel bearings (where applicable)
Wheel Bearing Glossary:
The wheels on your vehicle should operate in a smooth manner whether you are going fast or slow. When there is damage to the wheel bearings, the drive is no long smooth as friction will build up. This friction can then break down the wheel bearings and cause wear and tear on the axle. To understand the parts of the wheel bearings system check our short glossary:
- Hub assembly: Connection between the brakes and drive axle. May contain brake sensors.
- Spindle: Carries the hub and attaches to the suspension system in the vehicle.
- Bearings: Small metal balls which allow the wheels to operate smoothly.
For wheel bearings services, contact your local team at Petrie Mechanical Repairs!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM