Cooling System Services
Prevention is worth more than repair in the long run. If you have noticed that your engine is running hot or that there is not enough pick up then you may be having issues with the radiator, radiator cap or cooling system in your vehicle.
Do not get stuck on the side of the road with an engine that has become too hot. Make an appointment with the team at Petrie Mechanical Repairs for service today!
Why Work With Petrie Mechanical Repairs
- Peace of Mind: All of the work we perform in Petrie is backed with the Repco Nationwide Guarantee as we are a Repco Authorised Service Centre.
- Great Value: As part of Repco our mechanics have access to the spare parts network which helps us to find the best deal in town for our clients.
- Top Mechanics: As part of the Repco family our mechanics are up to date on the latest services and new advances in parts thanks to ongoing training seminars and service bulletins.
Cooling System Services from Petrie Mechanical Repairs Include:
- Filling of the Antifreeze
- Radiator Cleaning
- Liquid Cooling Service
- Radiator Cap Repair
- Air Cooling Service
- Radiator Cap Replacement
- Radiator Replacement
- Thermostat Replacement
- Cooling Fan Replacement
- Cooling Hose Replacement
- Lower Hose Replacement
- Upper Hose Replacement
- Water Hose Replacement
What Makes Up the Cooling System?
The process of removing the hot air and liquid from the engine and filtering it through the radiator fan is a complex one with many moving parts. Understanding the job of the individual parts helps to create a clear vision of what is going on in your engine. To get an overview on the cooling system, here is a glossary of some of the key parts:
- Radiator: Conducts the heat out of the coolant liquid and funnels it away from the engine.
- Radiator Cap: Pressurized cap used to increase the boiling point of the coolant liquid.
- Antifreeze: Added to the coolant to change the freezing and boiling point of the liquids.
- Thermostat: Measures the temperature of various liquids as they leave the engine.
Our friendly team at Petrie Mechanical Repairs can cool your car down and get you back on the road in no time!